The Business: Mandala Custom Homes is a Nelson-based design and build company focusing on open, round structures. They ship throughout North America and around the world. Starting in 2000, the company now employs 12 people
Why the Wage Subsidy Program?
- Provides the opportunity to hire a person—and ensure they are a good fit
- Helps address a cash flow challenge. Financial support is always a benefit for small businesses
- Four long-term employees came to Mandala through the Wage Subsidy Program. Office manager, production workers, and designers.
Program Feedback from Mandala:
- Enables the company to hire (and buy) locally
- Program is very straightforward and easy to access
- Program has been “tremendously successful” for Mandala
- Helped business with recruitment activities that would not otherwise have been possible