Monica, from Nelson, had been a mechanic for 22 years when, at age 39, she became ill and could no longer continue working as a mechanic. She was desperate and didn’t know where to turn for help.
Why Skills Training?
- It became clear after living on savings for two years that she had to do something to move forward.
- She read an article on WorkBC retraining, met with someone at KCDS and knew that the program was for her.
- With support from the program, Monica spent two years in the Social Worker Program at a local college (funded for tuition and expenses)
- Since then, she got a full-time job with benefits. She loves it!
Program Feedback from Monica:
- The person with whom Monica met at KCDS believed in her and helped her get into the Skills Training Program
- Thanks to WorkBC and KCDS, Monica’s life is her own again