WHAT IS EN ROUTE?
EnRoute is a group-based program that delivers tailored employment-readiness and skills training services to recent immigrants, Francophones and visible minorities in the Kootenay Region.
DO YOU IDENTIFY AS A VISIBLE MINORITY, IMMIGRANT OR FRANCOPHONE JOB SEEKER?
ENROUTE CAN HELP YOU REACH YOUR EMPLOYMENT DESTINATION!
EnRoute supports members of our communities facing language and/or cultural barriers to employment by working with regional employers and community partners to expand and advance job opportunities.
We’ve designed a program that addresses a wide variety of potential issues such as:
- Limited Canadian work experience and labour market knowledge
- Limited social and employment networks
- English literacy and fluency barriers
- Lack of familiarity with Canadian training and educational opportunities, programs and services, supports and other resources
- Racism, stereotyping and other barriers to workplace diversity and inclusion
EnRoute focuses on:
- Providing labour market information and direct connections to regional employers
- Accessing personal & professional development opportunities
- Identifying and accessing needed services that support diversity and inclusion
- Networking to counter isolation and build community and opportunity
- Supporting job search activities
EnRoute participants will also receive financial assistance while in the program. Financial assistance may include, but is not limited to:
- Living supports while in the program
- Transportation, childcare and clothing supports
- Program completion bonus
ARE YOU SEEKING SERVICES IN FRENCH? WE CAN DO THAT!
EnRoute will be offering opportunities for francophone program delivery. Reach out to us for more information at the email address listed below.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Job seekers who identify as a visible minority, immigrant or Francophone and who are:
- Unemployed, underemployed or precariously employed
- Residing in the West Kootenay or Boundary regions
- Legally eligible to work in Canada (Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents, individuals with refugee status in Canada)
Looking for support but not sure if this program is the right fit for you? KCDS offers many programs to meet the needs of individuals looking for career development, training and employment. Just give us a call!