From employment readiness programs and supports to training opportunities, the KCDS team is here to help both job seekers and employers meet their goals. KCDS is committed to diversity, inclusion and respect. This means:
- Hiring employees who represent the population we serve
- Removing barriers that may prevent equitable employment
- Supporting respectful work environments where everyone feels included and able to produce excellent results
To support employment equity and diversity in the workplace, we welcome applicants from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity, or expressions, (LGBTQ2S+) and others who may contribute to the diversity of KCDS.
In November 2018, the Living Wage for Families Campaign Employers designated Kootenay Career Development Society as a certified Living Wage Employer. In 2020 + 2019 KCDS was certified a Great Place to Work. In addition to meeting certification requirements, KCDS was ranked 23rd in Canada in the less than 100 employees category. KCDS was also recognized as a top organization for mental wellness, as well as being one of the best workplaces in Canada for women.
KCDS is a non-profit society with charitable status operated by a volunteer Board of Directors and incorporated under the British Columbia Society Act.
Kootenay Career Development Society is a dynamic, diverse and change-responsive centre of excellence, that empowers individuals, employers and communities economically and socially through career development, employment counselling and human resource planning.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client service based on the most current labour market information and job search tools and techniques
- Kootenay Career Development Society establishes and maintains a collaborative relationship with clients that is respectful, inclusive, engaging and non-judgemental
- Through human resource planning support employers in the development of a skilled workforce
- Working together as a team we will continue to maximize our resources to support the employment and career development needs of unemployed individuals in our community
- Contribute through all our activities to a healthy and vibrant economy
- Encourage life-long learning and support individuals to form a long-term meaningful attachment to the labour market
- Connect employees to employers through supporting employee recruitment, training and retraining
- Offer support, inspiration and motivation to individuals seeking employment
- Build partnerships with the employer community
- Maintain an ongoing process to evaluate climate for learning and client service