From employment readiness programs and supports to training opportunities, the KCDS team is here to help both job seekers and employers meet their goals. KCDS is committed to diversity, inclusion and respect. This means:
- Hiring employees who represent the population we serve
- Removing barriers that may prevent equitable employment
- Supporting respectful work environments where everyone feels included and able to produce excellent results
We welcome applicants from all groups to support employment equity and diversity in the workplace. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity, or expressions (LGBTQ2S+) and others who may contribute to the diversity of KCDS.
In November 2018, the Living Wage for Families Campaign Employers designated Kootenay Career Development Society as a certified Living Wage Employer. In 2021 + 2020 + 2019, KCDS was certified as a Great Place to Work. In addition to meeting certification requirements, ranking in the top 20 for three years in Canada in the less than 100 employees category. KCDS was also recognized as a top mental wellness organization and one of the best workplaces in Canada for women for two years.
Looking for an opportunity to join one of the Best Places to Work in Canada while living in a four season outdoor adventure destination? We are a highly skilled, motivated team committed to serving our communities. If this matches your core values, consider joining our team!
Vibrant and resilient communities sustained by diverse and inclusive workplaces, with opportunities for all.
KCDS SOLIDARITY STATEMENT
In alignment with our vision, mission and values, KCDS stands against racism and other forms of systemic violence against Black, Indigenous and racialized lives.
We are inspired by actions calling for justice and equity.
We are dedicated to working together with partner organisations, citizen groups and government agencies in the dismantling of institutionalized inequality and committed to working together towards a truly diverse and inclusive society.
We are grateful for the wealth of opportunity to learn, grow and do the work of ensuring the social and economic justice prevails for Black, Indigenous and other racialized people.
We are called to action within our organisation and in the communities we serve. No actions are too small and together no goal is too big.
We Commit to:
- Continuing to advocate against systemic inequality and violence
- Exploring, learning from, highlighting and amplifying anti-racist and indigenized approaches to employment, human resources and service delivery
- Being educated on and using systems and procedures that actively promote and encourage diversity and inclusion in our governance, workplace, service centres and virtual service environments
- Learning from and partnering with local organisations in our communities that enhance our ability to serve Black, Indigenous and other racialized people.
- Ongoing reporting on our commitments, including information regarding specific initiatives and progress markers.
- Remaining flexible in our approach, in order to incorporate new wisdom, information and opportunities as they arise.
We continue to stand in solidarity with those facing injustice and we pledge to continue to do our work with compassion, acceptance, dignity and respect.
KCDS is a non-profit society with charitable status operated by a volunteer Board of Directors and incorporated under the British Columbia Society Act.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client service based on the most current labour market information and job search tools and techniques
- Kootenay Career Development Society establishes and maintains a collaborative relationship with clients that is respectful, inclusive, engaging and non-judgemental
- Through human resource planning support employers in the development of a skilled workforce
- Working together as a team we will continue to maximize our resources to support the employment and career development needs of unemployed individuals in our community
- Contribute through all our activities to a healthy and vibrant economy
- Encourage life-long learning and support individuals to form a long-term meaningful attachment to the labour market
- Connect employees to employers through supporting employee recruitment, training and retraining
- Offer support, inspiration and motivation to individuals seeking employment
- Build partnerships with the employer community
- Maintain an ongoing process to evaluate climate for learning and client service