Questions? Contact us at 250-352-6200 x 330 or email@example.com
BUILDING RESILIENCY IN THE WEST KOOTENAY MANUFACTURING SECTOR LMP
What is a Labour Market Partnership (LMP)?
LMPs are a component of WorkBC Community and Employer Partnerships. Funding is provided to encourage, support and facilitate strategies and activities to address local labour market or human resources issues. This is achieved through strategic partnerships with other labour market stakeholder organizations.
The goal of the Building Resiliency in the West Kootenay Manufacturing Sector LMP is to:
- update and advance the findings and recommendations that emerged from the 2017 LMP
- foster capacity building and resiliency in the manufacturing sector and
- provide support to job seekers in their efforts to secure and maintain employment in manufacturing.
This will be achieved through targeted activities for both job seekers and employers, resulting in individualized assessments and recommendations and the development of legacy resources. Volatility in key industries and all those affected by recent changes to the local manufacturing sector will be given special attention.
Background & Context:
The 2017 West Kootenay Manufacturing Study, led by the Chambers of Commerce in Castlegar and Nelson, undertook a consultation with the region’s manufacturers to gain a better understanding of their human resource challenges in terms of attracting and retaining workers as well as employee training needs. They also wanted to research how local manufacturers utilize various productivity tools and resources that are commonly used in the manufacturing sector.
- Individualized Assessments for Manufacturing Employers
- Lunch-and-learns hosted in Castlegar and Nelson
- A manufacturing specific job fair – one in Castlegar and one in Nelson
Final Gala- September 26th @ The HUME Hotel, more details to come
2017 West Kootenay Manufacturing Study: