WHAT IS WEST K TECH?
The West K Tech program supports individuals in their tech or manufacturing related employment goals and ambitions. The program is designed to support the expanding regional tech sector by connecting job seekers with employers looking to hire.
WHAT WEST K TECH OFFERS JOB SEEKERS:
• Soft skill development (cover letters, resumes, interviewing)
• Job search and networking support focused on Tech positions
• The development of an individualized employment action plan
• Wage subsidy potential
• Travel and childcare support for program participation
WHAT WEST K TECH OFFERS EMPLOYERS:
• Staff recruitment services and individualized employee training plans
• Financial supports for tech-related training employment readiness for new employee
• Wage subsidies up to 50% covering the probation period (3 months)
• Potential to cover additional costs of employee onboarding
• Support in building a skilled local workforce and applicant pool
Looking for support but not sure if this program is the right fit for you? KCDS offers many programs to meet the needs of individuals looking for career development, training and employment. Just give us a call!