WHAT IS YMB?
The Youth Mean Business (YMB) is an 8-week business start-up, entrepreneurship program for youth and young adults between the ages of 15 and 29.
Our Youth Mean Business program will help you:
- Build your own brand
- Turn your passion into a business idea
- Learn the art of the pitch
- Network with other young entrepreneurs
And get paid while you are learning valuable business start-up skills!
Youth Mean Business Program Overview:
- YMB is an 8-week virtual program, combining group-based and independent learning activities
- In addition, participants are provided one-on-one ongoing support
Participants of YMB receive:
- A living allowance (minimum wage for up to 30 hours/week)
- A laptop
- And viable business plans are eligible for up to $1,000 in start-up contributions
WHO CAN APPLY?
Youth/young adults between the ages of 15 and 29 who:
- Are Canadian Citizens, permanent residents or protected persons legally entitled to work in Canada
- Are unemployed or underemployed
- Reside in the West Kootenay & Boundary areas
- Have access to reliable internet
- Have a viable business start-up concept
- Are committed to active participation in the program
Looking for support but not sure if this program is the right fit for you? KCDS offers many programs to meet the needs of individuals looking for career development, training and employment. Just give us a call!